Why do people take pledges? To show their dedication and passion for a worthy cause! In 2015, 85% of recreational boating drowning victims were not wearing a life jacket. The National Safe Boating Council believes wearing a life jacket is the simplest life-saving strategy during recreational water activities. We created the Wear It! Life Jacket Pledge so that you may help spread the word about the most important piece of boating safety gear – your life jacket!
Don’t miss out on our Safe Summer Giveaway Contest to show your support of the Wear It! Life Jacket Pledge. The contest will run from August 1 through August 12 on the National Safe Boating Council’s Facebook page. Here’s how to enter:
- Complete the Wear It! Life Jacket Pledge.
- Share the Wear It! Life Jacket Pledge on Facebook or Twitter.
- Like the National Safe Boating Council Facebook page.
A big thank you to our amazing sponsors for this awesome prize package and for making the boating world safer!
- Overton’s: $100 Gift Card to Overton’s
- Boat-Ed: Free Boat Education Course and a $25 Gift Card to Bass Pro Shop
- BOATERexam.com: 1 Mustang M.I.T. 100 Automatic Inflatable Life Jacket and a Family 4-Pack of vouchers for their BOATERexam.com course at a value of over $300
- National Marine Manufacturers Association and Discover Boating: Discover Boating tote bag with beach towel, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen stick
- Brunswick: 5 baseball caps to block the sun
At the heart of it, we want everyone to wear a life jacket and be safe on the water. We believe making the conscious decision to take the Wear It! Life Jacket Pledge and share it with others is a great step in boating safety. Will you join us and take the pledge?
Wear It! unites the efforts of a wide variety of boating safety advocates and is produced under a grant from the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, administered by the U.S. Coast Guard. Follow Wear It! at facebook.com/safeboatcampaign and twitter.com/boatingcampaign.